Debra had under eye filler treatment to fix the look of her hollow eyes. Her results were not what she had hope, so she sought out Dr. Scheiner for help to reverse the damage done. Watch the full story in the video above.
In this patient testimonial, Alisson who traveled 4,745 miles from Alaska to Tampa to see Dr. Scheiner shares her experience with bags under the eyes after filler injection.
10 Things You NEED to Know About Under Eye Filler
1) Fillers should only be used under the eyes in very rare situations—they can be used effectively for a small subset of younger individuals who have hollowing in the tear trough (near the nose) area of the lower lid. The bottom line for the rest of us: Don’t do it.
Example of good use of fillers under the eye:
2) Fillers will not camouflage lower eyelid bags, and in most cases, adding filler will not diminish the bags, and can exacerbate the condition.
3) Injecting filler under the eyes can cause significant lower eyelid swelling that lasts for years.
4) Fillers under the eyes can result in scarring in the lower eyelid area.
5) Fillers under the eyes can, in rare cases, obstruct arteries in the lower eyelid area resulting in a dramatic loss of skin.
6) Fillers under the eyes can, in rare cases, result in loss of vision.
7) Fillers often result in an obvious blue discoloration under your eyes (called a Tyndall Effect).
8) Fillers under the eyes can cause eyelid Festoons and Malar Mounds to develop years before they might appear.
9) Fillers under the eyes can migrate to other parts of the face.
10) All fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Juvederm Ultra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Vollure, Radiesse, Sculptra, Bellafill, Artefill, silicone or even fat from your own body) can cause problems under the eyes and some cannot be dissolved and could cause permanent disfigurement of the face.
More Information On Under Eye Filler:
- Medical Minute: Are Fillers Under the Eyes Ever A Good Idea?
- Festoons After Fillers
- Dissolving Fillers Under the Eyes
- Problems with Fillers Under the Eyes
- Is There a Role for Fillers for Under-Eye Bags?